Join APPS-O-MATIC for FREE unlimited downloads

Monday, September 21, 2009

SEE YOU REAL SOON...

Why? Because I like you!

I couldn't resist that little allusion to The Mickey Mouse Club. As many of you should know, Marvel Comics recently merged with the Walt Disney Company, which makes Reed Richards's laboratory in The Fantastic Four officially a part of the Mouse Factory. The long-term results of the Marvel/Disney merger, once the stockholders have approved it, should be intriguing to watch. (And is there any doubt that it will be approved? In the midst of the vicious killer recession, Marvel's publicly traded stock has actually been seen to go UP. What do you think it's going to do now Spider-Man has teamed up with Mickey Mouse?) Meanwhile, what I hope you will find intriguing to watch is the upcoming posts I've planned for this, The Quantum Blog.

For those who have been wanting to know what happened in my further Hollywood/Star Trek adventures, your answers are forthcoming. I know I've seriously broken my stride in the last couple of months. As a reason I can offer only that I've been quite tired and distracted of late, and that I've been juggling a number of other apples in addition to my blogging, and it's all thrown me off my game a bit. But you will definitely get to find out about the rest of my experience with Star Trek Voyager and all the people I met in Hollywood. You'll also get to see my rewrites of both a classic issue of Stan Lee and Jack Kirby's Fantastic Four and a Steven Spielberg movie, and my bon mots about another famous monster--this one from the real world, not the movies like the Blob! (If you want to know to which creature I'm referring, think "cryptozoology," one of my side interests, and look up what they do in Willow Creek, CA every Labor Day.) You'll also learn which motion picture I think is "the perfect movie"--and since it's not a science fiction film, it may come as quite a surprise! And for my friend Jason, who's posted some messages about the soap opera Generations in my Cbox, I know I promised to do a retrospective on the show by sometime in the last month, and I'm still planning to do so. That will now be a part of African-American History Month in 2010.

But coming up directly, The Quantum Blog will be launching into a multi-week celebration of the 50th Anniversary of The Twilight Zone, and I can't wait till you see what I'm cooking up for this. So start pointing your browsers in this direction again, because we're going to be having a lot of fun in the weeks ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT ON THIS POST.