Join APPS-O-MATIC for FREE unlimited downloads

Friday, February 13, 2009

THE FINGERS THAT WOULDN'T SHUT UP

Words, words, words... Every week I create a new post for this Blog, and it gets to be a lot of words. I pointed out earlier that my friend Danny B. used to call my posts “parking lots of text” before I started adding pictures and illustrations, and still it mounts up to a lot of words. You know, a major difference between me and a lot of other people is that other people are verbose in speech; that is, they talk and talk and talk and talk. That includes the telephone. It amazes me how bound people are to their telephones. You see them on the phone everywhere, all the time: in the street, in the mall, in public places (including the library, where they’re really not supposed to be using phones)--and in the car! I was once nearly run over by some woman yammering away on her cell phone while she was driving! And I once saw a man talking illegally on his phone behind the wheel from his car--with a police station about 50 feet or less away! Talk, talk, talk...what can they all have to talk about that much, all the time?


The difference with me is that I’m just as verbose as other people, but it’s in writing. When I get onto my word processor or on line, my fingers can’t shut up! I’m known as a fairly quiet person; much of time time I don’t say much unless I have something to say. But you wouldn’t know it from my writing. It’s as if my fingers can’t shut up! I’d like to think that there are people out there “listening” to The Quantum Blog. I’m looking into ways to make better use of this site, as well as my art Blogs. One of them is by using more hyperlinks, like this one connecting with a paid blogging site called Blogsvertise. There are others I’m investigating, but there’s just so much information out there, a lot of the time I feel as if I’m going into overload. Still, I’m going to keep at it. After all, a person who can’t shut up--even if it’s through his fingers--likes to know someone is listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT ON THIS POST.